At Acreview Dental Clinic, we truly care about your dental health - and we care about ours too! We would like to share with you seven things we would never do when it comes to our teeth and gums...
Use our teeth to open a bottle cap, tear a piece of fabric, or for any other non-dental use.
- Teeth have many functions, including biting and chewing food, smiling, aiding in proper speech, and more. Using them for things other than these can result in injury that can be difficult and expensive to repair!
- When your body is trying to tell you something, it is important to listen! While dental pain or swelling does sometimes temporarily go away, that doesn't mean the underlying problem has resolved. Treating problems early is always the best solution.
- If blood were coming out of the ear (or any other body part) most people would be concerned. For some reason, many people think that bleeding gums are normal. they aren't! Gums that bleed are usually sensitive or swollen, indicating that there is an underlying infection which could lead to tooth loss. Remember - visiting us for regular hygiene visits will aid in early detection of any gum or tooth problems.
- The flow of saliva decreases during sleep, and yucky morning breath isn't the only problem it causes! Night time is the right time for sugars, bacteria and food debris to wreak havoc on your pearly whites. Always make sure to give your teeth a thorough brushing before going to bed.
- It is estimated that up to 40% of dental injuries occur while playing sports, most of them involving the front teeth. Practically all of these can be prevented by simply wearing a mouthguard. It is an inexpensive and easy procedure (as compared to the over $500 million spent each year repairing dental sports injuries!).
- While dental benefits can be a great help in offsetting some of your dental costs, coverage does not indicate which treatment is best for you. At Acreview Dental Clinic, we will work with you to maximize your benefit coverage, make suitable financial arrangements, AND provide the best treatment possible! It is our goal to perform the highest quality dentistry in an affordable manner.
- Smiling benefits your mood, boosts your immune system, makes you look younger, relieves stress, and is contagious. Why would we go a day without it?!
We are here for you at Acreview Dental Clinc. If you would like to discuss any of these points or are in need of a recare examination, hygiene visit or consultation, please give us a call today at 250-338-9085.