Welcome to our Blog
One of the great things about dentistry is being able to enhance patient’s lives so significantly. Allowing people to look better, smile more readily, be free of pain, chew and function normally, live longer and have nice fresh breath for speaking and kissing are just a few of the things we do to improve the lives of everyone we touch. Even the most basic dental procedures are incredibly important – without good dental hygiene and regular cleanings millions more teeth would be lost every year. We hope you enjoy our blog and find the information within useful and sometimes even entertaining.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Boost Your Confidence with a Beautiful Smile!
Acreview Dental Clinic is one of the best places for Cosmetic Dentistry in Courtenay. We offer a wide range of treatments such as tooth whitening, veneers, smile design, and dental implants.
At Acreview Dental Clinic, our experts will complete a comprehensive oral evaluation, and take the necessary x-rays to evaluate the condition of your mouth, teeth and gums to ensure you have good oral health before starting any cosmetic treatment. In a consultation with the dentist and our treatment coordinator, you will receive a treatment plan and estimate explaining the fees and time required to complete the proposed treatment.
When your treatment is complete it is important to maintain good oral health. Regular check-ups and visits to your dentist will help maintain your cosmetic dental treatment and keep your smile healthy for a long time.
Important things to be kept in mind after the treatment
1. Regular periodontal screening will make sure that the gum tissue is healthy and will secure and support the dental restoration for a long time. Also, ask your dentist and hygienist about proper techniques for home care of your teeth.
2. Brushing your teeth twice or thrice a day will remove surface plaques and stains and keep your gum tissue in good health.
3. Flossing is an additional measure to remove food particles between the teeth and also to massage the gum tissue. It will also minimize the build-up of plaque between the teeth and will thus help to increase the life of your dental restorations.
4. Biting on hard substances like ice or pens and holding things between your teeth may harm your cosmetic restorations. Never use your teeth as a clamp or a cutting tool.
5. Toothpicks can injure gum tissues and so should be used only when necessary and should be used with caution.
Acreview Dental Clinic can help you by giving you the smile you have always wanted. For more information or to schedule your Comprehensive Oral Evaluation, call us today at 250-338-9085!